Qvalitas Medical Centre is one of the private medical companies participating in the public coronavirus testing and our stations have been open in a number of counties.
Additionally, we now provide a paid coronavirus test for individuals – the service is available in selected premises and following a strict procedure.
Your samples will be taken in Qvalitas Medical Centre in Ülemiste (Ülemiste Health Centre, Valukoja 7). Please note that we are using a separate entrance and rooms for testing purposes.
Please come in from the right side of the centre – you will see a dark metal door labelled accordingly.
For the purpose of providing a sample, DO NOT come in from the main entrance of the Health Centre, you can only get to the sampling site through the designated entrance.
The service costs €81.00 (€67.04 for the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 analysis based on the price list of the Estonian Health Insurance Fund, plus a sampling and processing fee).
Reminder for patients
The medical staff of Qvalitas Medical Centre will perform your analysis. To ensure efficient sampling and keep the infection risk as low as possible, please abide by the precautions and read the process description before giving your coronavirus sample.
- Arrive for your sampling process no earlier than the agreed time period on the agreed date. Sampling is only performed in the room and location specifically prepared for this occasion.
- Please do not gather behind the sampling room door and remember to maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from other persons.
- Present a personal identification document (ID card, passport or driver’s licence) to the receptionist to identify yourself. Please keep your distance from the receptionist.
- If you have a runny nose, please blow your nose before the sampling process to make sure it is cleared from secretion.
- Sit in the designated chair and follow the instructions of the medical staff to provide a sample.
- A sterile swab will be inserted into your nasal cavity to take a coronavirus sample from your pharynx.
- Taking the sample takes 5 seconds and the process is repeated if necessary. You may feel discomfort in your pharynx area during the process.
- Please do not move your head during the process and do not grab the arms or clothes of the person responsible for taking the sample. We also ask you to refrain from making sudden movements which may make it more difficult for the person responsible for taking the sample to do their job and cause discomfort to you.
- Please do not talk to the staff during the sampling process as the disease spreads as a droplet infection.
If your test comes back positive, Qvalitas Medical Centre will contact you via telephone. Both positive and negative test results will also be uploaded to your Patient Portal environment on www.digilugu.ee. Qvalitas Medical Centre will also inform the Estonian Health Board of any positive results.